Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Worst. Night. Ever.

Thursday evening while I was tutoring Jeff fed the girls dinner and Muriel threw up her dinner and then twice more that evening. No fever. We looked at her records and it had been 3 days since her last BM.  I blamed myself for not being more dilligent with giving het miralax. I think I thought of constipation as being a temporary problem, but with Muriel's diuretic regime, it seems to be an ongoing issue. Thurday night we thought she was constipated. Friday at 5am she had a low grade fever 99.6. We gave her Tylenol. Through the morning she didn't eat much, and we gave her more miralax and two supositories. By 1pm she again had a 99.9 temp. I gave more Tylenol. At 3:45 our home health nurse came and again she had a low grade temp. She advised we give Tylenol again at 4, and to call the doctors Saturday if she didn't kick the fever by then. I was hoping the fever was due to teething, since she's got a few coming in.

Of course Firiday I went out for dinner with my friend Kristi. Jeff texted me she had 102.5 fever. I rushed home. By 9:30 it was 103.5. We called the doctor and he told us to come in if we couldn't get the fever down within an hour. Well we did get it down, but it has been difficult to shake completely.

It is now Tuesday and I'm sitting with Muriel in the hospital waiting for a chest xray.

No comments:

Post a Comment